Nov 25, 2013

Scout's Family Party

We had the family over again last night to celebrate Scout's 8th birthday. I was so glad when she chose a birthday meal that was primarily things my sweetie is a pro at making, bbq chicken and fettuccine alfredo. That meant I was only responsible for the cake. Princess took care of making up the sourdough bread for me, so I had it pretty easy. Which is good, because I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately.

It just seems like there are so many things going on! (Is it ok if I whine for a minute?) I know, I know, I brought it on myself. That's my sweetie's answer. The plays and the ballet and the recital, scouts and the holidays. Although I don't really get a say in when the holidays happen, I just have a hard time abandoning some of the traditions I love.

Like I am so looking forward to spending the time on Wednesday making pies with the girls. I love teaching them things I know and passing on those recipes and skills. Unfortunately, those are the things that can be taken away from the crazy schedule to lighten things up. I certainly can't get rid of the Dog Walker's homework other than just getting it done. Nor can I leave Prima Donna bloomerless for the ballet. The scouts have worked so hard on the tree for the Festival that I couldn't just drop that project. And that is how my life goes...

OK, done whining! :)

I wanted to show you some cute pics of Scout opening her gifts and blowing out her candles. She is growing up to be such a beautiful girl. I'm so proud of her! And yes, she got all those candles in just one breath.

No comments: