Jul 29, 2014

Last Big Hurrah

I told you already that my little ones started school this morning, so that meant this past weekend was our last opportunity for one big party! So we did. All weekend...

On Thursday we had our Pioneer Day Celebration and the grandkids wanted to stay and spend the night, but I convinced them that Friday night was the backyard camp out. I bought hot dogs, chips, and s'mores stuff and asked the Dog Walker to set up the tent for me. Then the Drama Queen filled the air mattresses while the kids set up the firepit.

We roasted hot dogs on forks rather than throw them on the BBQ and we burned a few marshmallows, but most of them made pretty tasty s'mores. The kids played cards and night games. I helped the Dog Walker post the last of his homework, but the kids were a little annoyed that he was reading Conservation Biology when they wanted to play.

We settled in about 1:30 am and I finally got a little sleep. Emphasis on "a little." The Drama Queen and I were up at 8:30, she was making pancakes for everyone while I made lunches and the kids dropped the tent. We ate at 9:15 and then got everyone dressed and out to the Lowe's class to build little Taco Trucks by 10:00.

Back home we all changed into our swimming suits and piled into the van. We were off to Seven Peaks in Provo. Princess's dance group was going there and we weren't about to miss the opportunity to see her. (Besides, it was free with our Pass of all Passes.)

It was a sweet reunion and a very hot day. Crafty got stung and I had to take her to first aid. Prima Donna got an awful sunburn and I constantly chased Baby Doll around to try to keep her from drowning.

Fajita got a little lost with a boy from school and it was all more than crazy. Did I tell you that other than our dinner on Friday night Bossy and Gamer didn't join us in any of these activities? Yeah. It was a kid/grandkid thing.

We stopped by Krispie Kremes and picked up the kids' free donuts for their grades and then we headed for home. We arrived around 7:00 and the Dog Walker was totally stressed about the two assignments he still had to finish before midnight.

No rest for the weary.
Or the sunburned.

No comments: