Aug 13, 2015

Recovering Nicely

Post Surgery
I took Prima Donna to the doctor yesterday and her stitches were removed. You remember she had surgery 2 days before we left for our Texas trip. The doctor let us know all was going well and they even gave us this beautiful X-ray that shows all her new hardware.

She was a bit devastated to learn a couple of things. First, she can't put weight on her foot for at least 3 more weeks. And second, she has to have physical therapy and her first appointment is tomorrow.

So much hardware!
From the Space Center in Houston - on the scooter
We got her this nifty little knee scooter from Amazon. I had a friend who rented hers and said it cost so much that way we should just buy it. This one was only $170 and already it has given her so much more mobility as you saw from our trip pictures.

When I had my knee surgery 20 years ago, it was all crutches with no other options. I'm so glad she doesn't have to deal with that. This appears to be the only pic I have of her actually using the scooter, so I think I need to remedy that.

Maybe when they have finished dyeing her hair...



2 comments:

Denise said...

praying for prima donna.

LeAnn said...

I am happy that she is recovering well. I am sad she has to still be off it for 3 more weeks; not fun. I do like that she doesn't have to do the crutch thing. Hugs for her~