Apr 7, 2016

Graduation Day

OK, just kidding, this isn't that exciting of a graduation to most people, but it is to me. I don't think I've told you anything about this wretched back pain I have had for over a year. I have tried almost everything, from chiropractic to physical therapy to pain doctors. Nothing seemed to make a lasting difference, not even the every other month Cortizone shots.

Finally my OB/GYN suggested I find an internal medicine doctor. It took him all of 2 minutes to determine that my hip was out of joint. He recommended physical therapy. When I protested that I wasn't ready to go down that route again, he told me to see a specific guy, Brad Pulsiphur at Registered Physical Therapists in Riverton. (This is not a commercial.)

Against my better judgement, I finally agreed.

That was back in February. The very first day he got my hip back in the right place and we started a bunch of different exercises to strengthen my core. A few days later I went back and he once again forced it back to the right place. It was twice a week for all of March and then once a week in April.

After a while he didn't have to put my hip back; it was staying on its own. Things were finally looking up! Then remember a couple of weeks ago when I fell and bruised a rib? That was a huge setback, but today I finally graduated out of the program and got this cute shirt. Maybe it's not that cute, but I was so happy to know that hopefully my body will get back on a healthier and less painful path.

Come to think about it, I'm pretty sure it's the best-looking shirt I own.




1 comment:

Marci said...

Oh, wow! Glad he was able to help ease the pain. Congratulations on your graduation!!!